Where is the Owensboro Air Show?
Friday’s static display will be at the Owensboro Regional Airport - 2200 Airport Rd, Owensboro, KY 42301
Saturday and Sunday’s air show will be in Downtown Owensboro along the riverfront.
How do I keep up with news, contests, and announcements with the air show?
Make sure to keep checking our website for announcements and additions to the air show. For contests and live updates from the air show, follow us on Twitter, @CityofOwensboro, and like us on Facebook. You can also search the hashtag, #OwensboroAirShow, on Twitter.
Is the show schedule the same for both Saturday and Sunday?
Yes. The same performers are scheduled to perform both Saturday and Sunday with the air show starting at 12:30pm both days. The aerial demonstrations on Friday at the Owensboro Regional Airport will feature a limited number of performers with performances specifically geared toward nighttime entertainment.
What is the cost?
Friday (Static Display) Admission is just $5.00 per person and kids 10 and under FREE Saturday and Sunday (Air Show) Admission is FREE
Is there reserved seating?
Yes. Reserved seating will be available at the Owensboro Convention Center lower terrace to give ticket holders the best view of the air show near show center. A limited number of tickets will be available. You can purchase yours at the Owensboro Convention Center- coming soon!
Is there a rain date?
The air show will go on as scheduled rain or shine. Some acts are subject to change.
Is there a schedule for performers?
For security reasons, we are unable to provide any individual performers start times. Friday night there will be aircraft performances intermittently beginning around 4:00pm. The nighttime performances will begin at approximately 6:00pm. The show is scheduled to conclude at approx. 7:30pm.
On Saturday and Sunday the air show starts at 12:30pm over the Ohio River in downtown Owensboro and will last until approximately 4:30pm each day. All acts are subject to change at any time. A lineup of performers scheduled to appear is available on our website.
Is there a handicap viewing area?
No. There will not be any dedicated handicap viewing area. However, the entire Owensboro riverfront is available on a first come, first serve. There are more than 8 blocks of riverfront viewing areas downtown in addition to English Park.
Where do I park?
Friday: There will be designated parking at the Owensboro Regional Airport.
Saturday and Sunday: Parking is available throughout downtown Owensboro both in garages, surface parking lots, and on-street parking. The majority of the parking downtown free, however some private lots or garages may charge a minimal fee.
What should I bring?
- camp chairs and blankets
- No Tents or Canopies of any kind will be allowed within city parks. Structures of ANY kind will be required to be taken down. This will be strictly enforced.
- No taping or roping off of large areas will be allowed. This will be strictly enforced throughout the event area.
- No overnight camping is allowed in city parks or the overall event area.
- No glass bottles are allowed at the event site. Plastic containers, cans and food are permitted. No outside food or drink is permitted within the reserved seating at the Convention Center. There are also plenty of food and soft drink vendors to take care of any needs you may have.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- No grills are permitted in any of the viewing areas.
- No bikes, skateboards or skates are allowed in the event area. If you ride your bike to the air show, please be courteous and walk it through the event site for pedestrian safety.
- Please leave any pets at home (except for service animals)
**Applies to all viewing areas at Smothers Park and English Park